Waterproof Installation - What To Expect
Waterproof flooring is typically made from vinyl or laminate materials, so installation is very similar between these three categories.
Upon purchase, you can expect that your salesperson will be able to assist you with arranging and scheduling a professional installation. While these products can sometimes be installed DIY, we highly recommend a professional installation in order to ensure the following:
- Your warranty is maintained
- Your flooring, subflooring, or other parts of your home don't undergo unneeded damage
- You're left satisfied with a product that performs perfectly and looks beautiful
You'll need to figure out the following ahead of time:
- Will furniture need to be moved? Who will move it?
- Will repairs be needed to your subfloor before installation?
- Will the installation team have access to storage, power, and other resources?
You should discuss these and any other relevant points with your salesperson, head installer, or whoever is helping to arrange your installation.
At Jabara's, we're more than happy to assist with all of these important steps.
During Your Waterproof Installation
On installation day, be sure to have a plan. Communicate directly with the installation team in advance.
You should arrange to have a member of your household - preferably you, but always someone 18 years of age or older - to greet the team when they arrive.
Show them to their work area and answer any questions they may have about storage, power, etc. This is also the best time for you to ask any questions you may have before they begin.
While installation is going on, keep the following in mind:
- Keep kids and pets away from the work area, as it can be dangerous
- There may be noise, dust, and odor depending on the magnitude of the job
- You won't be able to access the area while it's under construction
When the job is complete, do a walk-through! Make sure everything is to your liking, and ask any final questions before your installation team leaves.
After Your Waterproof Installation
Once your floors are installed, there may be lingering dust or odor. You can handle this by ventilating the space. If the weather is appropriate, open as many windows as possible. If not, you can set up fans.
Your installer should advise you about how long to wait before walking on the floors again. It may be a day or more.
Throughout any of these steps in the process, the team at Jabara's will be here to answer your questions. If you'd like to learn more about waterproof flooring installation, be sure to call or email us today.