Manage sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with marketing department on lead generation. Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitating the ongoing training of salespeople.
A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred. In order to succeed in this role, one will need excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a sale team.
- Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls (staff).
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team. Setting individual sales targets with the sales team.
- Present sales and revenue reports with realistic forecasts to the management team and CEO.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture customer base
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
- The ongoing training and development of salespeople (nonverbal communication, relationship building, motivation, sales techniques, product knowledge, etc.).
- Manage coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
This position reports to the CEO
- Successful 5+ years’ experience as sales manager
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies.
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Experience managing and directing a sales team.
- Excellent leadership, coaching, written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attitude and dedication to providing great customer service.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus 3 years’ experience as sales manager
- May have 7 years’ experience as sales manager in lieu of degree
- Prior industry experience is highly preferred
- Familiar with RFMS
Typical characteristics, skills, and traits of a sales manager include:
- Communication skills
- Integrity and trust
- Ability to build relationships with peers, cross-functional departments, and upper management: Committed to helping others be successful.
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- Ability to unite a team under a shared vision and know what motivates each member.
- Analytical skills: Use data-driven reports to spur sales coaching sessions and empower individuals to take ownership of their opportunity pipelines. Understand pricing, margins, and discounting impacts.
- The ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High achieving, ambitious, and results-oriented
- Innovative, generating original solutions, and lots of ideas
- Decisive and comfortable making decisions quickly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more (life, cancer, etc.)
- Employee Stock Ownership program
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Monthly Bonus opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Ability for overtime
- Off on major holidays
- Daytime job